The question of course is, Should the Dodgers have kept Theriot or gone with Uribe?
Juan Uribe Pros:
1) Swings hard
2) Used to be a good defensive shortstop
3) Hits around 20 HRs a year
4) Can play 2B, SS and 3B
5) Once dove into the bleachers in a World Series (Derek Jeter did that too!!!!!)
6) 2 World Series Rings
7) Throws really hard
Juan Uribe Cons:
1) Pretty shitty at most things required for baseball
2) Barely ever gets on base
3) Not good defensively anymore
4) Once dyed his beard orange
5) I've said to myself "No team can win a World Series with Juan Uribe starting for them" TWICE!
6)Will someday swing so hard time will go back 5 seconds
8) Is getting paid $7 million more than he should be
Ryan Theriot Pros:
1) Girls think he is pretty
2) Once played shortstop
3) Cooly thinks he is a good fit on the Cards
4) Gets on base a lot
5) Could steal you 20 bases
6) He is from the Bayou
7) The Cubs thought he could hit leadoff
8) Is probably undervalued in his current contract
Ryan Theriot Cons:
1) Has always played shortstop poorly
2) He cannot hit lead off
3) Has a little girl arm
4) Best way to describe him is "scrappy"
5) I think he looks like a cross between an elf and a douche bag
6) Cannot hit the long ball
I think I'm going to have to side with Theriot. He is getting paid much less to do the same job, and will basically be equally as effective.
What do you think?